Being a part of the SCIG leadership team brings you closer to the inner workings of the AOCS community. It is a platform to build your committee and leadership skills. Leadership roles in professional societies, such as AOCS, also prepare students for award opportunities, including these AOCS student awards - an important part of a student's academic career and of scientific societies.
FREE Benefits Include:
- access to INFORM-digital edition
- subscription to INFORM Smartbrief - weekly update of the industry's top news stories
- membership in any of AOCS' 10 Divisions, each one covering a unique technical interest area
- access to the online Membership Directory
- AOCS membership the first year after graduation
Ways to Get Involved
Membership in the Student CIG provides numerous opportunities for you to get further involved in AOCS.
The CIG's direction and activities are completely student led, so we need your help!
- If you would like to contribute to the CIG's newsletter, contact Subin Rajendran,
- To assist in the planning of the CIG's activities during the AOCS Annual Meeting, contact Subin Rajendran
- Check out the Student CIG inform|connect page, and start a conversation with your fellow student members!
Have an idea or activity you feel the group should offer? Please let us know!
Student Awards - AOCS hosts many awards which are specifically designed to honor the achievements of our students, and provide them with resources to complete their education. Please review each specific award webpage for application procedures and deadlines.
University Research Programs (.pdf) - Listing of universities with information on their department areas of research and specialization.
Career Services - Post your résumé to the AOCS Career Services site, free of charge. You can also browse job openings.
Student CIG Annual Meeting Activities
Each year the Student CIG plans several activities of interest for students during the AOCS Annual Meeting. These often consist of a speed networking event, a networking reception, a mentoring luncheon, and a session covering a topic of unique interest to student members.