The Approved Chemist Program honors the most accomplished participants in the Laboratory Proficiency Program (LPP). Approval is earned by superior performance during the previous LPP year. In addition, Approved Chemists in Unground Soybean Meal can become referees for NOPA soybean meal trading.
View the most recent Approved Chemists and Olive Oil Sensory Panel Winners:
Approved Chemist Program applicants must:
- Be an AOCS member in good standing
- Have completed four quarters of LPP samples in the previous year's cycle
- Work in an independent, government or industrial laboratory
The AOCS Examination Board determines approval using the following criteria:
- A combined score of less than 1.4 in the Laboratory Proficiency Program.
- Missing sample results will make chemists ineligible for approved chemists status.
Application fees and deadlines:
- Forms and payment must be received by AOCS headquarters by June 16, 2023.
- New applicants must pay a one-time processing fee of $150.
- For a full explanation or questions about the application, contact AOCS Technical Services.
Learn more about the criteria for Approved Chemists by viewing AOCS Criteria M 5a-2023 Approved Chemists (.pdf).