As an international professional organization, we
- provide current and emerging information and disseminate research results in oils, fats, lipids, proteins, surfactants and related materials, through our meetings, publications, and web presence;
- develop and uphold methods of analysis used in global trade and research, conduct proficiency testing, provide reference materials, and coordinate with other standards developers including ISO and Codex Alimentarius;
- facilitate and strengthen interactions among professionals through meetings, specialized interest groups and other networking opportunities; and,
- collaborate with other scientific societies and related organizations to promote the advancement of science.
A magazine providing international news on fats, oils, surfactants, detergents, and related materials that features articles written by globally recognized industry leaders.
AOCS is the preeminent scientific organization serving the field of fats, oils and lipids by:
- Building scientific community:
AOCS brings together individuals and organizations through its membership, meetings, and regional, special interest and online communities
- Cultivating thought leadership:
AOCS works with the top minds in the field to identiry the most important topics and share expertise through INFORM magazine, journals, meetings and an informal online communty
- Helping labs and scientist achieve the highest quality standards:
AOCS offers rigorous methods and testing to ensure quality and compliance
2018 AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
Present your work to thousands of professionals working in fats, oils, surfactants, lipids, and related materials.
For priority consideration, submit your abstract(s) by November 2.
The Official Methods and Recommended Practices of the AOCS, 7th Edition
Has been reviewed and revised by academic, corporate, and government experts to ensure that the most technically accurate methods are presented.
- Five new methods
- Brand new layout
- Meets ACS style standards
- Updated titles