As an international professional organization, we
- provide current and emerging information and disseminate research results in oils, fats, lipids, proteins, surfactants and related materials, through our meetings, publications, and web presence;
- develop and uphold methods of analysis used in global trade and research, conduct proficiency testing, provide reference materials, and coordinate with other standards developers including ISO and Codex Alimentarius;
- facilitate and strengthen interactions among professionals through meetings, specialized interest groups and other networking opportunities; and,
- collaborate with other scientific societies and related organizations to promote the advancement of science.
A magazine providing international news on fats, oils, surfactants, detergents, and related materials that features articles written by globally recognized industry leaders.
AOCS is the preeminent scientific organization serving the field of fats, oils and lipids by:
- Building scientific community:
AOCS brings together individuals and organizations through its membership, meetings, and regional, special interest and online communities
- Cultivating thought leadership:
AOCS works with the top minds in the field to identiry the most important topics and share expertise through INFORM magazine, journals, meetings and an informal online communty
- Helping labs and scientist achieve the highest quality standards:
AOCS offers rigorous methods and testing to ensure quality and compliance
Save 25% on all Quality Reference Materials purchased in February
Do you need to troubleshoot proficiency testing performance, train new staff, or test new methods? Quality Reference Materials (QRMs) provide known samples with reliable report results to validate quality control. Use the code QRMSALE to save 25% when purchasing any QRM in February.
Every QRM purchase includes peer-reviewed reports with
- Consensus mean
- Standard deviation
- z-score (with chart)
- Kernel density plot for various components