Student Common Interest Group
Student Members are future AOCS Leaders
- FREE membership for qualifying students
- FREE access to Inform-digital edition
- FREE subscription to Inform Smartbrief – weekly update of the industry’s top news stories.
- FREE Division membership for your technical interest area – 11 to choose from
- FREE access to the online membership directory
- FREE membership the first year after graduation.
Already a student member? Login and access your member benefits.
Not a member yet? Join a society of pioneers, advocates and mentors who support and guide your collegiate and professional journey, and celebrate your lifelong accomplishments. You gain a vast pool of resources to nurture your personal and career development. And, you impact the future of oils and fats technology.
Listen to Leslie Kleiner’s (Bunge North America) story on how student membership advanced her career.
Student Awards – Review the specific award webpage for application procedures and deadlines.
University Research Programs – Listing of universities with information on their department areas of research and specialization.
Funding Opportunities – Funding sources are accessed here.
Career Services – Post your résumé to the AOCS Career Services site, free of charge. You can also browse job openings.
Each newsletter the leadership teams addresses current activities, along with providing current funding and award opportunities from outside sources, career and employment advice, and other items of interest to our student members.
If you express interest in these volunteer opportunities, you will be contacted on an as needed basis.
- Contribute to the Group’s newsletter – contact Sarah Mayfield
- Contribute to the Group’s annual meeting activities – contact Sara Shinn
- Mentoring luncheon – contact Maya Warren
- Welcome Center – contact Sarah Mayfield
- Session assistance – contact AOCS meetings department
- Brainteasers (daily logic and puzzle games for meeting attendees to enjoy) – contact Merritt Drewery
These are just a few opportunities to get involved within the Student group. Have an idea or activity you feel the group should offer? Please let us know.
Receive your 1st year of active membership FREE. Contact Doreen Berning at +1-217-693-4813.