Young Scientist Research Award
Recognizing substantial research contributions in one of the areas represented by an AOCS Division.
The Young Scientist Research Award is sponsored by the International Food Science Centre A/S.
- $1,000 honorarium
- Travel funds for the AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
- Award lecture at the AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
Candidate materials must include:
- A letter of nomination
- Professional biographical data
- Date of birth
- Degrees held
- Including the names of the granting institutions and the dates degrees were granted
- Summary of research accomplishments
- List of publications
- Positions held during professional career
- Three letters supporting the candidate from individuals familiar with the candidate's work
Nominations for this award are accepted from members of the Society, colleagues, or directly from individual candidates.
Nomination Deadline: November 1
- Send candidate material to email@example.com as PDF files for consideration.
PDF’s must be created entirely from existing Word documents, rather than created from a scanner. This improves clarity of the document.
By June 1 of the year of presentation, the candidate must be:
- Younger than 36 years of age
- Received his/her highest degree within the previous ten years
Additionally, the candidate's contribution must have:
- Been significant in basic or applied research
- Had a significant effect on advances in the discipline or hold substantial promise for its effect in the near future