Thomas H. Smouse Memorial Fellowship
Awarded to a graduate student doing research in areas of interest to AOCS.
Smouse was President of AOCS in 1983 and a noted industrial researcher into the flavor chemistry of fats and oils. The Archer Daniels Midland Foundation, AOCS Foundation, AOCS, and the family and friends of Dr. Smouse established and assisted in funding of this fellowship.
- Individuals must be scholastically outstanding with interests and involvement outside the academic discipline
- Other specific eligibility requirements for the award are presented in the program description file
Submit all material as one mailing to AOCS by February 1, 2014.
Award Guidelines (.pdf)
Submit all to your major professor by January 15
- Provide official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate college or university work completed to date
Department Heads/Major Professors
- Check application for completeness
- Check that all college or university transcripts are included
- Execute required statement in the application
AOCS must receive all material by February 1
- Send application and all supporting material, as one mailing, to AOCS
- All information and attachments requested in the application must be provided.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Incomplete applications, late submissions, or application in which grades are not given are causes for disqualification.
- Only submit what is requested; non-pertinent materials will not be forwarded for review.
- Application deadline is February 1.
- Fellowship - $10,000 stipend
- Research funds - $5,000
- Travel to professional meetings
- Research expenditures related to student's graduate program
Michael Flock, is a graduate student in the Department of Nutritional Sciences at The University of Pennsylvania, USA
Past Recipients (.pdf)
Find Out More