Thomas H. Smouse Memorial Fellowship
Awarded to a graduate student doing research in areas of interest to AOCS.
Smouse was President of AOCS in 1983 and a noted industrial researcher into the flavor chemistry of fats and oils. The Archer Daniels Midland Foundation, AOCS Foundation, AOCS, and the family and friends of Dr. Smouse established and assisted in the funding of this fellowship.
- Individuals must be scholastically outstanding with interests and involvement outside the academic discipline
- Other specific eligibility requirements for the award are presented in the program description file
Submit all material as one mailing to AOCS by February 2.
Award Guidelines (.pdf)
- Complete the application (.doc)
- Provide official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate college or university work completed to date
Submit all to your major professor by January 15
Department Heads/Major Professors
- Check application for completeness
- Check that all college or university transcripts are included
- Execute required statement in the application
- Send application and all supporting material, as one mailing, to AOCS
AOCS must receive all material by February 2
- All information and attachments requested in the application must be provided.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Incomplete applications, late submissions, or application in which grades are not given are causes for disqualification.
- Only submit what is requested; non-pertinent materials will not be forwarded for review.
- Application deadline is February 2.