Hans Kaunitz Award
Awarded to a student doing research in the sciences relating to fats and oils and detergent technology.
Applicant must be scholastically outstanding. Particular eligibility requirements include:
- Graduate student attending post-secondary school within the geographical boundaries of the USA Section
- Applicant must be actively performing research toward a Master's or Doctorate degree;
- Research must be related to fats, oils, protein co-products and/or detergents and be interested in the areas of science and technology fostered by AOCS
- Applicant must be in good academic standing
Application Deadline: October 21
Award material must be submitted using the forms downloadable from this web page and consist of the completed application, abstract tracking number and title, professor ranking form, and professor letter of recommendation.
- Application (.doc), including abstract tracking number and title
- Abstract – submitted through AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo meeting website
- Copy of most recent undergraduate and graduate college/university transcripts
- An unofficial copy of most recent transcripts or grade reports signed by the advisor is acceptable
- Ranking Form (.doc)
- Letter of nomination giving frank appraisal of the student
Send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 21 as PDF files.
- Student Award program abstract submission deadline is October 21 which is different from the meeting’s technical program deadline.
Students may submit one abstract for the Honored Student, Ralph Potts Memorial Fellowship, and one Division student award. It is necessary to submit a new, unique abstract for any additional Division student award.
- Professors are limited to nominating one student for the Honored Student award. There are no nomination limits on all other student awards.
- PDF’s must be created entirely from existing Word documents, rather than created from a scanner. This improves clarity of the document.
- Certificate for recipient(s)
Leann Barden, University of Massachusetts Amherst.