Ralph H. Potts Memorial Fellowship Award
Awarded to a graduate student doing research in fats and oils. Award is named for Ralph H. Potts in recognition of his preeminence in the world of fatty acids and their derivatives and the personal esteem in which he was held by his colleagues. Sponsored by: Akzo Nobel
Award material must be submitted using the forms downloadable from this web page and consist of the completed application, abstract tracking number and title, professor ranking form, and professor letter of recommendation.
- Application (.doc), including abstract tracking number and title
- Abstract – submitted through AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo meeting website
- Ranking Form (.doc)
- Letter of nomination giving frank appraisal of the student
Send all documents to email@example.com by November 2 as PDF files.
- Student Award program abstract submission deadline is November 2 which is the same as the meeting’s technical program deadline.
- Students may submit one abstract for the Honored Student, Ralph Potts Memorial Fellowship, and one Division student award. It is necessary to submit a new, unique abstract for any additional Division student award.
- Professors are limited to nominating one student for the Honored Student award. There are no nomination limits on all other student awards.
- PDF’s must be created entirely from existing Word documents, rather than created from a scanner. This improves clarity of the document.
Applicants must be scholastically outstanding. Additional requirements:
- Graduate student at a North American university
- Research should involve fatty acids or their derivatives, such as:
- Long chain alcohols
- Other nitrogen compounds
- Research should fall within one of the following categories:
- Processing utilization
- Award Lecture at the AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
Jennifer Komaiko is a doctoral student at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, USA. She is recognized for research in rationalization of lipid nanoparticle formation from food grade ingredients using low-energy methods.
Past Recipients (.pdf)