Member Get a Member Program
Help AOCS Grow
Broadening our membership and the community we serve allows new opportunities for interaction and future business ventures.
This is your Society – extend the advantage.
Join the elite!
Grow–Tips for Successful Recruiting
Who should you recruit?
• Work colleagues, friends, and associates who have an interest in your field
• Friends interested in AOCS
• Professionals you meet at industry conferences
• New professionals just beginning their careers
• Students studying in your field
Know what makes joining AOCS a valuable experience:
• Access to a world of timely resources
• The opportunity to network with fellow professionals and industry thought leaders
• Leadership opportunities
• Unique recognition
• Money-saving benefits (www.aocs.org/MemberSavings)
• __________________ (Your reason for joining here)
Spread your own enthusiasm:
Share your personal testimony and experiences with your colleagues! As an AOCS member, you have experienced the value of AOCS membership, and your endorsement of the Society is your most effective and powerful recruitment tool.
Explain to prospective recruits how to join:
Send them to www.aocs.org/join and have them fill out the application online or print a PDF version to fax or mail to AOCS. Remind them to fill your name in the “encouraged by” section of the application.
Contact your recruit to see if they have joined and answer any questions they may have. Consider sending them a thank you note or email for considering AOCS membership. Invite them to contact us at AOCS if they have any questions you can’t answer.
• Doreen Berning, Membership Registrar
• Nicole Philyaw, Membership Marketing