Stephen S. Chang Award
This award recognizes scientists or technologists who have made decisive accomplishments in research for the improvement or development of products related to lipids.
Stephen Chang came to the United States in 1947 and became active in AOCS after graduate studies at the universities of Kansas and Illinois. He served as AOCS President in 1970. Stephen and Lucy Chang were generous benefactors to AOCS and Rutgers; establishing this award at AOCS and Rutgers' agricultural college's library.
- Jade sculpture of galloping horse
- $1500 honorarium
- Award lecture at the AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
Candidate materials must include:
- Letter of nomination describing distinguished and significant accomplishments in basic research and how they have been utilized by industries to improve or develop products related to lipids
- At least 3 letters of support from individuals familiar with the candidate's accomplishments
- Current Curriculum Vitae, including full list of publications and patents
Nominations for this award are accepted from members of the Society, colleagues, or directly from individual candidates.
Nomination Deadline: December 1
- Send candidate material to email@example.com as PDF files for consideration.
PDF’s must be created entirely from existing Word documents, rather than created from a scanner. This improves clarity of the document.
- Candidates must have made significant and distinguished accomplishments in basic research that have been utilized by industries for the development or improvement of products related to lipids
- Candidates may be recognized for either one major breakthrough or by an accumulation of publications