AAOCS Award for Scientific Excellence in Lipid Research
Awarded to a scientist from within the Australasian region that has made a significant research contribution towards fats and oils research, either cumulative or one major advancement.
- Made a significant contribution in basic or applied research and that knowledge must either have a significant effect on advances in the discipline or hold substantial promise for its effect in the near future.
- Be a member of the AAOCS during the year they are applying for the award.
Candidate materials must include:
- Letter of nomination with summary of the nominee’s research accomplishments
- Letters of support from at least 2 other scientists
- Professional biographical data
- A list of their publications
- The degrees held, including the names of the granting institutions and the dates the degrees were granted
- The positions held during their professional career
A person can nominate themselves for this award or be nominated by others.
Intent to Nominate Form
Nomination Deadline: 17 May 2013
AAOCS currently accepts candidate materials by electronic transmission only.
The award is offered every 2 years in conjunction with the Section’s biannual conference.
- AU$1,500 towards expenses to attend the AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
- Complimentary registration for the biannual AAOCS meeting where the award is presented
- Presentation at the biannual AAOCS meeting relating to the research and development which has merited them the award
Find Out More