AOCS organized this presentation on processing education in Africa to supplement an article in the January 2022 issue of INFORM magazine. That article, titled “This webinar will expound upon the INFORM article "AOCS processors serve the food insecure,” discussed how AOCS members have piloted a new program called Processor-to-Processor (P2P) to offer educational resources for African processors. Raleigh Butler, Science Writer, and Annette Donnelly, Visiting Research Specialist and Program Manager for the Soybean Innovation Lab Nutrition Team at the Univesity of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign, contributed to the article.
Recorded: January 19, 2023, at 10-11am CST (Chicago, USA; UTC-06)
- Annette Donnelly, Visiting Research Specialist and Program Manager for the Soybean Innovation Lab Nutrition Team, based at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Rich Barton, Owner and President, N Hunt Moore & Associates
- Marjatta Eilitta, Program Director, Farmer-to-Farmer program, Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Juan E. Andrade Laborde, Associate Professor of Global Nutrition, Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, University of Florida
- Brent German, Technical Consultant, Blind Corner Solutions LLC
About the Author
Raleigh Butler is a multilingual journalist with an M.S. from the University of Illinois. Her focus lies in science writing – the intersection of research data and creativity.
Annette Donnelly is the SIL program manager for nutrition. She can be contacted at email@example.com.