Which membership is right for you?
AOCS Membership is for the calendar year (January 1 through December 31) and is non-transferable. By applying for AOCS membership, you are agreeing to be governed by the AOCS By-Laws and Code of Ethics.
Active (individual) membership
Professionals with an interest in the science and technology of fats, oils and related substances are eligible for Active memberships.
Cost: US $209.00
Gain access to these benefits:e:
- Four peer-reviewed journals covering the latest breakthroughs in basic and applied research.
- INFORM magazine, delivering breaking news affecting the world of fats, oils, proteins, surfactants, and related materials.
- 110+ hours of expert content in the AOCS Webinar Library, covering a range of topics in scientific research and professional development.
- AOCS Member Directory to connect with a global network of specialists.
- Discounted registration to the AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo, Continuing Education Courses, and other upcoming meetings.
- Discounts on AOCS technical products and books from AOCS Press.
To qualify, you must be an undergraduate, or graduate student who works no more than 50%, excluding academic assistantships and/or fellowships. Verification of these conditions may be requested.
Cost: US $25.00
Gain access to these benefits:
- All benefits listed under active individual membership.
- Free access to the Student Common Interest Group – a dedicated community of students to connect with throughout the year.
- Access to student specific AOCS Awards – get recognized for your work and research.
- Free membership in AOCS interest-area groups (Divisions).
- One free year of AOCS active membership post-graduation.
- 50% off your second year of AOCS active membership post-graduation.
If you are a current member who is 62 years of age or older and work fewer than 150 days per year, contact AOCS to request Retired membership.
Cost: US $120.00
Any member who is retired and has been a member for 35 years is automatically granted Emeritus membership status with the Society. The Governing Board may also grant (by 2/3 vote) Emeritus status to any Retired Member, past President, AOCS Award of Merit winner, or A.R. Baldwin Distinguished Service Award winner.
Questions about membership?
Contact Travis Skodack at email@example.com for more information.
In This Section
Discover the value of AOCS membership
“AOCS links my past and present as I develop my career in lipid research. Volunteering in AOCS has provided opportunities to meet professionals outside of my research field and to think about other applications and inspire ideas. I have also gained more confidence with communication and collaboration through my various volunteering experiences.”
—Megan Hums, Eurofins
“I learn more from INFORM every month than from all my reading and reviewing activities. This is very high value for the membership.”
—Alejandro G. Marangoni, PhD, Professor and CRC Chair, Dept. Food Science, University of Guelph