Build your knowledge and network with AOCS member benefits
AOCS is here to help you stay current on the latest news, technologies, and breakthroughs in oils, fats, proteins, surfactants, and related materials.
From original research and review articles published in AOCS journals to a network of global experts who can help answer your questions — AOCS provides the resources to help you find solutions to processing, formulation, and analytical challenges.
Gain valuable discounts to important resources
- Discounts on AOCS meeting and Continuing Education Course registrations
Save on registration rates at AOCS meetings and discover the latest education and research, engage in face-to-face collaborations, and develop important connections with professionals from around the world.
- Print and digital access of INFORM magazine
Get the latest scientific advances, business developments, trends, and critical issues in the areas of oils, fats, and related materials.
Student members receive digital access only.
- Free online access to all peer-reviewed AOCS journals — a savings of up to US $600. As a member, you will be able to read, download, and cite all current and back issues of the journals:
- Unlimited access to an exclusive webinar library
Members have unlimited access to the full AOCS webinar library, with new and archived webinars covering topics that span 10 interest areas. View a selection of past webinars.
- Discount on the Official Methods and Recommended Practices of the AOCS, 7th Edition–save US$400
Revised by academic, corporate and government experts to ensure that the most technically accurate methods are presented. Meet ISO 17025 requirements and have the newest additions.
- Discounts on publications including books
Receive 30% off AOCS Press and Academic Press titles and Elsevier books.
- AOCS Premium Content Library on inform|connect
Exclusive access to valuable content-including presentations from AOCS Annual Meetings-on inform|connect. Search, explore, and save content from this collection of AOCS resources.
- Discounts on the Laboratory Proficiency Program
Maintain your lab's high standards by participating in the world's most extensive and respected collaborative proficiency testing program for oil- and fat-related commodities, oilseeds, oilseed meals, and edible fats. Full year LPP participants are eligible for Approved Chemist recognition.
In This Section
Exchange information and provide solutions to real-world challenges through AOCS' network of leading researchers and affluential industry representatives! Know someone that would benefit from AOCS? Help us make an introduction with use of our AOCS Membership Recruiter's Toolkit.
Discover the value of AOCS membership first hand from these members…
“Early in my career, being part of the broader research community at AOCS helped establish my credibility at a global company that used fats and oils and lipid chemistry extensively.”
- Steve Hill, Vice-President, T. Marzetti's, Member since 1987
“This is the organization that you need to join to keep up with what’s new in the industry.”
- Rick Theiner, Senior Principal Application Engineer, Evonik industries, Member since 1998
“Being part of AOCS aided me in getting a job because I had so many professional members give me advice as I was coming to the end of my graduate program. I see that mentorship continuing as I start my professional career. I feel incredibly well equipped.”
- Sara Shinn, Assistant Professor, Fresno State University, Member since 2012