Professional Educator Common Interest Group
The Professional Educator CIG promotes teaching excellence through discussion and the exchange of ideas. Collaborate with educators around the world as you work towards creating an environment of academic excellence within your industry or university classroom.
What we do:
Welcome the AOCS Professional Educator Common Interest Group (PE CIG)! Together, we promote excellence in teaching through discussion and the exchange of ideas. As a part of this, you can collaborate with educators around the world, working together to create an environment of academic excellence in your classroom.
Connect with the leadership team
- Nuria Acevedo, Griffith Foods, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vermont Dia, University of Tennessee, email@example.com
- Tong Wang, University of Tennessee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover your PE CIG resources
- Want to get involved with the AOCS Annual Meeting, but not sure how? Read this article first "Behind the scenes at Annual Meeting - What does it take to put the meeting together? "
- Free webinars and webinar recordings for AOCS members Learn more at #WebinarWednesday
- Send your students to the AOCS Lipid Library. Have them read Scientific Milestones in Lipid Research
- Submit a manuscript to one of the three AOCS journals: JAOCS, JSD or Lipids. Not sure which journal is best, explore the AOCS journal hub
- Looking for help on the Design of Experiment of your next study. View recording.
- Read the February 2021 PE CIG Newsletter
- Read the October 2021 PE CIG Newsletter
- Read the March 2022 PE CIG Newsletter
Introduce yourself on the inform|connect private online community and add our quarterly conference calls to your schedule. They are open to everyone!