Founded in 1954, ISF is a federation of 23 regional and national scientific organizations active in the areas of fats, oils, and lipid research.
Dr. Patrick Donnelly, ISF Secretariat
Mailing address: ISF, c/o AOCS, P.O. Box 17190, Urbana, IL 61803-7190
Street address: ISF, c/o AOCS, 2710 S. Boulder, Urbana, IL 61802-6996 USA
Phone: +1 217-377-4384
Membership is open to national or regional organizations that are non-commercial, individual membership societies serving the interests of professionals in fields pertaining to fats, oils, and lipids-related materials and their products.
Governed by two bodies:
- The Executive Board includes up to two representatives from each organization that is eligible to host the ISF Lectureship Series
- The Extended Board consists of a maximum of two representatives from all ISF member organizations
ISF Lectureship Series
The member organization that hosts the ISF Lectureship Series must:
- be a scientific organization comprised of individual memberships
- host a regularly scheduled international scientific meeting of 300+ attendees in English or with English translation
- send a representative to meetings of the ISF Executive Board
Upcoming ISF Lectures:
World Congress on Oleo Science, hosted by the Japan Oil Chemists’ Society (JOCS)
27 August - 1 September 2022
Kaufmann Memorial Lecture Award
The Kaufmann Memorial Lecture Award, named in honor of Hans P. Kaufmann, founder of ISF, is presented during the ISF Lectureship Series. Recipients of the Kaufmann Memorial Lecture Award include some of the world's most renowned names in the field of fat research. View past recipients.