2024 Student Awards are open for applications!
Gain recognition for your work.Apply today
An inspired chemistry community
We are scientists, technologists, and engineers who are passionate about finding innovative solutions to global issues and collaborating to ensure a healthy future for humanity.Join AOCS
AOCS Member Benefits
Log in to your account.Access member benefits
As an international professional organization, we
- provide current and emerging information and disseminate research results in oils, fats, lipids, proteins, surfactants and related materials, through our meetings, publications and web presence
- develop and uphold methods of analysis used in global trade and research, conduct proficiency testing, provide reference materials and coordinate with other standards developers including ISO and Codex Alimentarius
- facilitate and strengthen interactions among professionals through meetings, specialized interest groups and other networking opportunities
- collaborate with other scientific societies and related organizations to promote the advancement of science.
A magazine providing international news on fats, oils, proteins, surfactants, detergents, and related materials that features articles written by globally recognized industry leaders.
AOCS is the preeminent scientific organization serving the fields of oils, fats, lipids, proteins, surfactants and related materials by:
- Building scientific community:
AOCS brings together individuals and organizations through its membership, meetings and regional, special interest and online communities
- Cultivating thought leadership:
AOCS works with the top minds in the field to identify the most important topics and share expertise through INFORM magazine, journals, meetings and an informal online community
- Helping labs and scientist achieve the highest quality standards:
AOCS offers rigorous methods and testing to ensure quality and compliance