What we do:
The Professional Educator CIG provides a venue for those involved in education and training to share best teaching practices and offer insights on helpful activities and useful resources for the teaching and training of fats, oils, lipids, proteins and surfactants.
- Share ideas, syllabi, classroom videos and more in the private educator inform|connect group
- Become a mentor to a new faculty member or a young professional within your area of expertise
- Attend AOCS Annual Meetings to present your research and expand your connections
- Participate in a conference call! This group meets every quarter by gotomeeting
- Organize a Hot Topic Session at the AOCS Annual Meeting. Examples of past sessions:
- Research and Technology Priorities for Fats and Oils from US Government and Industrial Perspectives
- International Exchange Programs: Preparing Graduate Students for a Bright Future in a Global Society
- Lipid Communication Strategies to Various Audiences
- Effective Use of Statistics in Lipids Teaching and Research
Have an idea or activity you feel the group should offer? Please let us know. You will be contacted on an as-needed basis.