- AOCS Membership
- Join Now
- Inform, AOCS Member Magazine
- Lab Services
- Laboratory Services
- Laboratory Proficiency Testing (LPP)
- Laboratory Directory
- Meetings & Exhibits
- Meetings and Exhibits
- AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
- Meeting Websites
- Topics in Lipid Chemistry
101st Annual Meeting | Abstracts | Hot Topics | Keynote Address | Schedule of Events | Sponsors | Short Courses
Hot Topic Symposium
High-Protein Diets and Weight Management
Tuesday, May 18, 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Nicolas Deak, Solae LLC, USA
Charles Schasteen, Solae LLC, USA
- Obesity has become a worldwide epidemic and it continues to increase at a rapid rate.
- Numerous human studies show that protein is more satiating than fat or carbohydrate and promotes weight loss.
- State-of-the-art research will show protein's key role in weight management, the satiety in high-protein diets, mechanism(s) of weight management with high-protein diets, and sports nutrition/lean mass preservation.
Updated: March 4, 2010
Nicolas Deak, Solae LLC, USA.
|9:05 am||Plant Based Diets—Weight Management and Health.
Cyril Kendall, University of Toronto, Canada.
|9:45 am||Protein Intake and Targets of Weight Management.
Stijn Soenen, University of Maastrich, The Netherlands.
|10:25 am||Essential Aminoacid Supplementation to Maintain or Improve Function in Sports,
Rehabilitation, and Aging.
Blake Rassmussen, University of Texas, USA.
Role of High-Quality Soy Protein in Weight Management.