- AOCS Membership
- Join Now
- Inform, AOCS Member Magazine
- Lab Services
- Laboratory Services
- Laboratory Proficiency Testing (LPP)
- Laboratory Directory
- Meetings & Exhibits
- Meetings and Exhibits
- AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
- Meeting Websites
- Topics in Lipid Chemistry
Home | Sponsors
This soy conference in Tokyo will bring scientists from the East and the West together to establish international collaborations in soy research.
For the first time, the International Symposium on the Role of Soy in Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention and Treatment will be held in Japan, the country known for bringing soyfoods to the world. In recent years, there has been a surge in interest among scientists in evaluating the health effects of this ancient food.
Join colleagues from around the world for this exciting and unique soy meeting:
- Learn about the current clinical and epidemiologic research that holds tremendous potential for furthering scientific understanding.
- Learn about the historical use of soyfoods in Japan and how that use has changed over the past several decades.
- Featuring 35+ speakers and 100+ poster presentations.
- Shaw Watanabe, Director, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Japan.
- Hideyuki Akaza, Professor and Deputy Director, Tsukuba University Hospital, Japan.
- Chisato Nagata, Professor, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan.
- Kenneth D.R. Setchell, Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, USA.
- Mark Messina, Adjunct Associate Professor, Loma Linda University and President, Nutrition Matters, Inc., USA.