English Translation: AarhusKarlshamn AB
Phone: +46 45482000
Fax: +46 454752025
General E-mail: email@example.com
Web Address: www.aak.com
Executive Officer: Arne Frank, President and C.E.O.
Organization's Purpose or Mission:
Vision: The first choice for value added vegetable oil solutions
Services or Products Description:
AarhusKarlshamn AB is one of the world's leading manufacturers of high value-added vegetable fats. The Group's business areas: Chocolate & Confectionery Fats, Cosmetics, Food Ingredients, Technical Products & Feed, Production facilities in seven countries.
Corporate History and Milestones:
2005 AarhusKarlshamn AB, a merger between Aarhus United and Karlshamns AB. Aarhus United: 1982 Continued globalisation. Subsidiaries are established in the UK,the USA and Mexico. 1970 Denmark joins the EU; custom duties are abolished. Bek-Nielsen becomes the major share-holder in 1978. 1960 R&D and modern production make the company a market leader in speciality fats. 1940 A period of consolidation, with operations on and off accounting for 10 percent of Denmark's industrial exports. 1871 Aarhus Palmekærnefabrik is established, production of oil cakes starts. Karlshamns: 2001 Melker Schörling acquires the KF's shareholding and becomes major owner. A far-reaching development process is launched. 1997 The Karlshamns share is listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange. 1994 The US operations are divested, as is the margarine and ice-cream production. 1965 Inauguration of margarine and ice-cream plant. A R&D laboratory is set up. 1932 Kooperativa Förbundet acquires the factory. 1918 production of soybean meal for feed applications starts.
FOCUS on CUSTOMER DEMAND: - Our main attributes are flexibility, speed and reliability.
- Service via sales offices and agents.
- Quality/product safety programmes.
- Products tailored to individual customer requirements.
- Product development in partnership with customers.
- Well-equipped laboratories, at the customer's disposal.
- The Oils & Fats Academy in-house training programmes for customers.
A Certified Company:
ISO 9001 ISO 14001 Kosher Halal HACCP Swedac KRAV
A Dedicated Company:
- We are a founding member of, and participate in, the Round table for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
- We have an explicit policy against child labour.
- We participate in the UN Global Compact programme for the promotion of sustainability.
- We adhere to the International Chamber of Commerce's (ICC) environmental charter.
Traded Publicly: Stockholm
Stock Name: AAK